In Alberta, the law protects the survivors of those who die in a wrongful death. Surviving dependants are entitled to make a claim against liable parties. Let Tarrabain Law assist you in this process and ensure that your rights are invoked as a dependant spouse, parent or child of an individual who dies in a wrongful death.
Elements Of A Wrongful Death Lawsuit
- Negligence: The surviving family members must prove the death was caused by the wrongdoing or neglect of the defendant.
- Breach Of Duty: The defendant owed a duty to the deceased.
- Causation: It must be proven how the defendants negligence caused the death.
- Damages: The death of the victim must have generated quantifiable damages such as medical bills, pain, and suffering.
- Loss Of Dependency: Awarded to compensate a plaintiff when financial assistance was being provided by the deceased family member.
The legal processes involved in these wrongful death proceedings can be long and difficult, requiring significant investigation and case preparation. Our legal team will thoroughly explore all evidence and handle any circumstances that may arise during litigation. It is critical that you speak with an experienced attorney before agreeing to anything with an insurance company representative or third party. For a consultation regarding your wrongful death case our lawyers are ready to help.